Thursday, September 6, 2012

Praise brings results. ;)

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind for me.  First, my computer exploded.  Like, literally exploded. The fan started making the horrific sound and BAM!  An explosion. (well, in all honesty it was a really loud boom - not like a BOOM but a boom.)  After that - nothing.

As someone who is a writer, it is imperative I have a computer (because we know pen and paper is sooo redundant.  just kidding!!).  So, I really didn't know what to think - I wanted to scream, to throw it in the yard but I didn't.  Instead, I laughed.  Really all the enemy wants from us is to throw us in the deep end - where we're struggling for air, grasping at the water in front of us wishing and willing ourselves to grab hold of something, - anything.  All he wants to do is shake us up because when we're shaken, we can't see straight.  We might start forgetting all the benefits the Lord grants us (Ps 103:2-5), and THAT is what he aims to do.

No, I didn't pitch a total fit.  I sat there on my bed with a booming computer and laughed - partly out of frustration but mostly because I knew it was the enemy trying to get a rise out of me.  I held my ground and laughed in his face.  I called him a loser and a punk.  I told him that this hindrance he was trying to cause was not in any way diminishing my faith in my Father.  I started praising the Lord, thanking Him for the brand new, even better, prettier version of my newly deceased laptop that I just knew He was planning to give me. :)

That happened on August 29th.  Today, September 6, I go to my door and what do I see??  I see the Fed-ex guy standing there with a box from Dell in his hands!!!  I.almost.died.

God is so good to me.  He gave me a brand new, PINK, Dell Inspiron 15R.  It's totally swanky and completely fast!  In fact, this very blog post is the first thing I'm using it for.  It manifested itself because of praise, the least I can do is have its first action be a praise report!  <woot, woot>

If you're praying for something, or praising God for something you're already believing, just hold on.  God is still in the GIVING business!  Don't lose hold of your faith - just keep believing and never stop praising.



Stay blessed!
{heather}


*edited to add:  I am so thankful for the people that God decides to use in all our daily lives.  The fact that God thinks enough about us to use regular ol' people to bless us is miraculous in itself!  I am grateful for the person God used to bless me with my snazzy new computer that I had to pay nothing for.  :)  I pray that I can 'pay it forward' so to speak.  I pray that I am able to hear the need in others and that I am a blessing to them.  That's my prayer for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment