Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I think I can!


"I will turn all my mountains into roads, and my highways will be raised up." Isaiah 49:11 

How may mountains do you have in your life?  Me?  I have about a billion! :)  There are people and things that threaten any divine progress that I ever hope to have.  Sometimes, I think that if I could just get rid of all those hinderances, my life would be so much richer, and then I could live a holier and more loving life. 

But, aren't these hinderances my opportunity to achieve greatness within the Lord?  It's hard to look at trouble or calamity as a prgressive feature but that's what they are!  They will progress into the very Grace and virtues that we've prayed so long for. 

It's kinda like praying for patience. Then out of the blue something comes our way and we start to fret and beomce incresingly IMpatient and try to evade the problem it presents...we even might try to pray the IMpatience away, thereby granting us immediate victory, not considering that it has been brought to us as an answer to our first prayer. 

What I've learned (and am still learning) is that our mountains are His mountains. They are put there to increase or faith and to test our resolve. God will not ever fail you! So, if you have mountains in your way, keep trudging up them. Soon, you will make a path with your foot and see the road ahead. 
"God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens." Job 28:23-24 


No comments:

Post a Comment