Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Believe. Then, everything is possible...

Christine - WINNER of Masterchef.  One of my new heroes.


Like most folks, I love to be entertained and my DVR play list certainly shows that.  As of right now, I think there's probably 12 TV shows that I still haven't had the chance to watch...but I did see the finale of Masterchef.  

This year, Masterchef featured a blind contestant named Christine.  From the very first moment I saw her on my TV, I was elated.  Not because I know her but because her story spoke volumes to me. Here was a woman who suffered from an illness that gradually took away her eyesight at the age of 10 yet she persevered.  Abundantly.

This makes her one of my new heroes.  The fact that she is living her dream, and her passion AND not letting the fact that she can't see stop her is amazing to me.  

Now, I don't know about you but I think I would question God.  I think I would shrivel up - not doing the things I love because of my disability.  Of course I don't know what I would actually do but I can imagine... 

I had the great privilege of watching the finale with my daughter and it gave me a great opportunity to talk to her, explaining and showing her that with perseverance and determination, you can do anything you can dream!

So often trials and sickness are thrown upon us. This world we live in is a fallen world where bad things happen to really good people.  And when those things come our way, we can either choose to wallow in the misery it brings OR we can get up from the ashes, turning into a beautiful phoenix...

This story reminds me of Acts 9 (Saul's Conversion).  It just so happens that he was on a mission - his own mission to jail and kill believers of Christ.  On the road to Damascus, he was assaulted by a blinding light and was blinded for 3 days.  But, when the Lord said for him to get up, he got up!  He got up and started walking...

That's what we HAVE to do.  Sometimes our only action is to simply get up.  Get up off the couch.  Get off Facebook.  Get out of the bed.  You get the point.

Friend, please don't feel bound in your circumstances.  You are a mighty force to be reckoned with.  The only problem is YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT.  

If you have a dream - go for it.  Don't wait another day.  Do what you can, talk to people, make lists, etc. - do something!  




No comments:

Post a Comment