Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Enduring Love



"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8 
I can't think of a greater place to be than the place where you know God's Will will come to pass no matter what's going on around you.  To be past the point of where you're asking, 'Why Lord, Why?' - or to have no personal choice in anything other than the perfect purpose of God for our lives.  When you have done the last thing you can do, said the last thing to be said; when there is no other option but to wait on God...

I've been in this place more times than I can count.  It's not an easy place to be in.  Being a 'fixer', I am good at handling the problems of everyone else - from lost socks to broken hearts, I can handle it.  I want to help, smooth over, and console - heck, if someone needs something, I'm always there with a hand out helping.  (As I'm sure most mommies are!)  But what happens when it's YOUR problem?  Who will help you then?  Your husband?  Your children?  Your friends?  

Our lives as moms and wives are not easy.  We give so much of ourselves to others, barely taking time to enjoy our day.  We rush through life doing for everyone else that we tend to not even notice when our hearts start aching.  (I'm not the only one, am I?)  

It's in these times - the times when we feel most alone that God is waiting to smother us in His Extravagant Love.  He wants to heal your heart by comforting you, giving you the rest you need.   

No matter what you're going through right now, you can be sure that come what may, God's Will is absolute and is going to be good.  Everything - good or bad; past or present will work out for you.  This isn't to say that there won't be hardships along the way but God loves us with an unfathomable Love and He desires to use these hardships for our benefit!!

Place your strength (or what's left of it), your wisdom and plans at the feet of Jesus.  Spend a few minutes with Him today - let Him fulfill His purpose for you in Love.   



No comments:

Post a Comment