Sunday, August 26, 2012

Enlarge Your Thinking!

I heard this story this morning.  I had heard it once before (not sure where) but it really stuck with me this time:
"Two fishermen were at a lake and one couldn't help but notice that the other guy had a 10" ruler and measured all the fish that he caught. Then, without fail, he always put the big fish back in but kept the little ones. This went on for several hours.
Curiosity got the better of the first fisherman and he just had to ask, “Say, I see that you keep putting the big fish back but keeping the small ones. Can I ask you why?"

“Oh, that’s easy to answer, I only have a 10 inch frying pan to cook them in. It’s been in our family for generations!!”
Have you ever limited yourself to a 10-inch pan mentality?  I have.  I still find myself wanting to 'go there' in my thoughts but I know the truth.  The truth is God wants to shower His children with a huge, record-breaking catch along with all the grills, pans, fire etc. we need to cook it on!!  God even goes a step further and says, "I'll cook it up for you and even serve it to you if you will only believe". 


Maybe you think that your not worthy to receive something bigger, that your only deserving of little fish but friend, that couldn't be further from the truth. Maybe, like the fisherman in this story, this way of thinking has been in your family for generations. It's time to toss out the 10-inch pan in your life and reach for one that is much bigger.


Too many times we are held back due to our own self-imposed limitations. We  challenge you today to not settle any longer for "just getting by" but to dream big and set your sights on bigger things! There is no limit to what you can do or what God is willing to give you if you enlarge your thinking.


Write this verse on a sticky note and put it where you will see it several times a day.  Speak it aloud, commit it to memory - I promise as you do, God will manifest it in your life, your heart and your thoughts.  You don't have to settle anymore.  :)  




"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."  Ephesians 3:20-21 

Be Blessed!
{heather} 






No comments:

Post a Comment