Thursday, August 30, 2012

What does God really see when He looks at us?

“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.  Who really knows how bad it is?"  Jeremiah 17:9

I believe this scripture to be one of the most 'taken out of context' scriptures in the Bible.  If you are a believer, a child of the Almighty God, then you're heart is NOT wicked, or deceitful.  Not anymore.

When reading scripture, it is so important that we remember the context in which His Word was written.  This verse goes along with the old covenant.  You, my friend, are living under the NEW covenant.

Reading the rest of Jeremiah in verse 31:33, God lets us in on the 'cure' for our wicked hearts.  He tells us what HE is going to do to heal us:  "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be my people."  He will give us a new heart.  (I love that!)

So, what about our 'wickedness'?  Well, Psalm 103:12 tells us that God has tossed our sin 'as far as the east is from the west'.  Romans 8:1 says that God doesn't have one condemning thought towards us.  God does NOT see sin when He looks at us.  Period.  John 3:16 says that 'whosoever believes in Him shall have everlasting life".  If you believe in Him - believe what He did for you by sacrificing His Son Jesus to lay Himself bare before men, to die for your wickedness, to give Himself up for your judgement and rose three days later to sit at the right hand of the Father - if you believe in your heart, soul and spirit that Jesus Christ is the Holy Son of God - then Grace abounds to you.  Your sin has been taken care of.

We now have a new heart.  Look what God tells us in His Word: "I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!"  ~ Ezekial 36:26-27

When God sees you, He sees the you that He designed.  He sees the real you and He loves you.

be blessed,


{heather}




No comments:

Post a Comment